Understanding Shipment Tracking
In the dynamic world of logistics, staying informed about the whereabouts and status of shipments is crucial. Shipment tracking, a fundamental part of the logistical process, provides continuous monitoring and recording of a package's movement from the source to its destination.
This article aims to unravel the complexities of shipment tracking, exploring the key statuses an order can undergo and shedding light on the significance of shipment cancellation.
What is Shipment Tracking?
Shipment tracking is a logistical process that involves the continuous monitoring and recording of a package's movement and status throughout its journey. It provides real-time insights into the location, status, and estimated delivery time of the package, offering transparency and peace of mind to both businesses and customers.
Types of Shipment Statuses
Understanding the journey of a shipment involves various statuses an order can have. Here are the key shipment statuses with explanations:
Ready To Ship
- Assigned when the shipment is created successfully.
- Indicates that the order is prepared and ready for dispatch.
- Assigned when the order is picked up from the warehouse or sender address.
- Marks the commencement of the shipment's journey from the source.
- Assigned after the order is successfully delivered to the recipient.
- Signifies the successful completion of the shipment process.
- Applied when an order is canceled before dispatch from the warehouse.
- Allows end customers to cancel an order that has not yet left the warehouse.
Return In Progress
- Assigned when a return request for an order is initiated.
- Indicates that the order is in the process of being returned.
Return To Origin
- Applied when a recipient's order is returned to its origin.
- Marks the return of the order to its initial shipping point.
- Signifying that the order has been dispatched and is with the courier or shipping company.
- Offers visibility into the order's mid-journey status.
Out for Delivery
- Applied when the order leaves the nearest warehouse of the shipping company to the recipient.
- Indicates that the order is en route to its final destination.
In conclusion, shipment tracking offers transparency and real-time insights into the movement of packages. Understanding the key shipment statuses ensures a holistic comprehension of the logistical journey.
For businesses and customers alike, embracing shipment tracking enhances the overall experience, providing clarity, convenience, and peace of mind. Explore the possibilities, stay informed, and witness the transformative impact of shipment tracking on your logistics journey.
See how Omniful solutions can work for you?
Why do leading companies are switching from legacy solutions including leaders on Gartner Magic Quadrant to Omniful?
Get a firsthand look at order management, warehouse management, transportation management and omnichannel solutions -
Schedule your time with an Omniful expert to learn more!