Demystifying Orders with Omniful
What is an Order?
An order is a formal request for goods or services placed by a customer. It includes details like product selection, quantity, delivery address, and payment information. Orders are the lifeblood of any business, marking the initiation of the exciting fulfillment process.
Understanding Live Orders:
The "Live Orders" module is your command centre for all things active orders. Live Orders centralise orders based on their current status, granting you a real-time snapshot of your fulfilment pipeline.
Types of Live Orders:
- New Orders: Fresh arrivals, awaiting processing and fulfillment.
- In Progress Orders: Orders actively being picked, packed, and prepped for shipping.
- Partially Fulfilled Orders: Shipments sent on one or more items, with remaining items awaiting dispatch.
- On Hold Orders: Orders temporarily paused due to specific reasons, requiring further attention.
- Shipped Orders: Orders on their way to the customers!
Imagine the efficiency - no more hunting through scattered spreadsheets or chasing down order updates. With Live Orders, you have a bird's-eye view of your entire fulfillment chain, enabling swift action and informed decision-making.
Understanding Pending Orders
"Pending" orders are in a temporary holding pattern, awaiting resolution before proceeding to the next stage. Think of it as a pause button, ensuring potential issues are addressed before impacting the customer experience.
Common reasons for pending orders include:
- Invalid SKUs: Product codes entered incorrectly require verification to avoid fulfilment errors.
- Insufficient Inventory: Out-of-stock items necessitate backordering or alternative options.
- Manual Approval: Specific orders might require additional verification or authorization before processing.
- Payment Concerns: Pending payment confirmations or potential fraud risks can put orders on hold.
Identifying and addressing pending orders promptly is crucial. Addressing these issues swiftly minimizes delays, prevents customer frustration, and ensures smooth fulfillment once the order is released.
Live Orders and Pending Orders are not just terms, they're powerful tools for managing the delicate ecosystem of order fulfillment. By understanding their distinct roles, you can streamline workflows, identify potential roadblocks, and ultimately deliver a seamless experience for your customers.
See how Omniful solutions can work for you?
Why do leading companies are switching from legacy solutions including leaders on Gartner Magic Quadrant to Omniful?
Get a firsthand look at order management, warehouse management, transportation management and omnichannel solutions -
Schedule your time with an Omniful expert to learn more!